We understand that your privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. This notice sets out what we do with your personal information, what we do to keep it secure, from where and how we collect it, as well as your rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you.
This policy applies if you interact with us through our stores, over the phone, online, through our mobile applications or by using our website.
If you don’t want to read all the detail, here are the things we think you’d really want to know:
- Your personal information is not shared with third parties.
- You have a number of rights over your personal information. How you can exercise these rights is set out in this notice.
- We do not send direct marketing.
- Who are we?
- What sorts of personal information do we request?
- What else is personal information used for?
- Our legal basis for processing your personal information
- How do we use your personal information?
- Cookies and similar technologies
- Who might we share your personal information with?
- Your rights
- How long will we keep your personal information for?
- Contact us
- Policy change
Who are we?
We are a small independent retailer covering two locations and supplying school uniform in the respective local areas from the following locations:
- Greenford Store
- 17 The Broadway
- UB6 9PH
- Pinner Store
- 104 Marsh Road
- HA5 5NA
What sorts of personal information do we request?
- We only request your name, address, telephone number, email address, and payment card details when you are carrying out a transaction.
What else is personal information used for?
- We do not use your personal information for any other purpose.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
Whenever we process your personal information we have to have something called a “legal basis” for what we do. The different legal bases we rely on are:
- Consent: You have told us you are happy for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose;
- Legitimate interests: The processing is necessary for us to conduct our business, but not where our interests are overridden by your interests or rights.
- Performance of a contract: We must process your personal information in order to be able to provide you with one of our products or services;
- Prevention of fraud: Where we are required to process your data in order to protect us and our customers from fraud or money laundering;
- Legal obligation: We are required to process your personal information by law.
How do we use your personal information?
There are a number of ways in which we use your personal information, depending on how you interact with us. If you do not provide your information to us, then we may be unable to interact with you – for example, if you do not provide your name, address and account details when purchasing one of our products online, we will not be able to sell you that product as we would be unable to process your payment or deliver the product to you. We may use your information in the following ways:
Contacting you – We will only use your personal information to contact you regarding a purchase/order: We may also contact you in relation to any questions you have raised with us or to discuss the status of your order with us.
Cookies and similar technologies
Who might we share your personal information with?
- We do not share your personal information with third parties.
You have a number of rights under data protection legislation which, in certain circumstances, you may be able to exercise in relation to the personal information we process about you.
- the right to access a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
- the right to correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- the right to restrict our use of your personal information;
- the right to be forgotten;
- the right of data portability; and
- the right to object to our use of your personal information.
Where we rely on consent as the legal basis on which we process your personal information, you may also withdraw that consent at any time.
If you are seeking to exercise any of these rights, please contact us on 0208 578 1210 to discuss this. Please note that we will need to verify your identity before we can fulfil any of your rights under data protection law. This helps us to protect the personal information belonging to our customer against fraudulent requests.
How long will we keep your personal information for?
We take protecting your personal information seriously and are continuously developing our security systems and processes. Some of the controls we have in place are:
- We limit physical access to our buildings and user access to our systems to only those that we believe are entitled to be there;
- We use technology controls for our information systems, such as firewalls, user verification, strong data encryption, and separation of roles, systems & data;
- We utilize industry “good practice” standards to support the maintenance of a robust information security management system; and
- We enforce a “need to know” policy, for access to any data or systems.
If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out in the “Your rights” section above, or you have a question or a complaint about this policy, or the way your personal information is processed, please contact us on 020 8578 1210 to discuss further.